COMMUNICATION : L-176, Baramunda Hsg. Board Colony, Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India.
Tel# : 7855922168 (Mob), 9437278451 (on req.)
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATION : Degree in Bachelor of Arts (Hons),PG Diploma in Computer Application
TRAINING IN PROFESSIONAL FIELD : Inheriting the art from parents initiated into Odissi Dance by Guru Smt. Tamala Patra at the tender age of six. But received formal training for twenty years at the Orissa Dance Academy, Bhubaneswar and. groomed into a fine dancer under the able tutelage of Guru Bichitrananda Swain, Guru Smt. Aruna Mohanty and under the direct supervision of the noted Guru and the Central Sangeet Natak Akademi awardee Guru Gangadhar Pradhan.Completed Alankar Poorna in Odissi Dance from Akhil Bhartiya Gandhrva Mahavidyalaya Mandal, Mumbai and secured first position in India.
MAJOR PERFORMANCES : Performed extensively in India including the major festivals like :
- Kal-Ke-Kalakar Sammelan, Mumbai.Kaivara National Dance & Music Festival, Bangalore.Many times in Konark Dance festival.Pallavotsava, Mysore.Pollachi Festival, Tamilnadu.Odissi Nrityotsav, Swarna Samaroh and Swarna Nritya Prativa organized by Sangeet Natak Akademi, Delhi.Kalidas Samaroh, Ujjain.Ananya, New Delhi.2nd&3rd International Odissi Festival held in USA & Bhubaneswar respectively organised by Indian Performing Arts Promotion Inc, USA.International Folklora Festival, Croatia.International Festival of Dance & Music, Bangkok.Mukteswar Dance Festival.Lasyotsavam, Bhubaneswar.Horizon organized by ICCR, Odisha Chapter.Invited by Spic Macay, Rajasthan Chapter , presented Odissi dance in different schools and colleges of Rajastahan.
PERFORMANCES ABROAD : Toured many countries and performed in U.K., France, Croatia, Italy, Germany, Slovakia, Singapore, Netherland, Serbia & Montenegro. Visited USA manytimes and presented dance recital in cities like NewYork,Washington D.C, San Fransisco, Santacrutz, Los Angeles, SanDiego, Texas, Atlanta, San Antonio,South Carolina, Detroit etc.Worked with Smt. Leela Samson, the famous Bharatanatyam expert and performed odissi dance in Beijing & Shanghai of China as a part of the project Charishnu sponsored by the Ministry of Tourism, Govt. of India.Performed at the prestigious John F. Kennedy Center, Washington D.C.
PERFORMANCES ON TELEVISION : Given performances on television as an auditioned artist of Door Darshan Kendra, Bhubaneswar.Participated in number of dance ballets produced by DDK,BBSR.Danced in the ‘WORLD HERITAGE MONUMENTAL SERIES’, a production of UNESCO for Japanese Television.
AWARDS & HONOURS :Awarded with the ‘Ustad Bismillah Khan Yuva Puraskar’ for the year 2007 by the Sangeet Natak Akademi, New Delhi.Received prestigious ‘Mahari Samman-2014’ awarded by the Guru Pankaj Charan Das Odissi Research Centre, Bhubaneswar.Received Surabhi Samman awarded by Surabhi, Bhubaneswar.Received Senior National Scholarship awarded by the Govt. of India.
- Conferred with the title ‘Shringarmani’ by the Sur Singar Samsad, Mumbai.
- Awarded ‘Deba Prasad Das Memorial Fellowship’for the year 1997.
- Received first ‘Padmashree Sanjukta Panigrahi Prativa Samman’ awarded by the Nrityalay, USA.
- Empanelled Artist of ICCR, New Delhi.
TEACHING EXPERIENCE : Have been training many young learners and students coming from abroad at the Orissa Dance Academy since last 15years. Conducted classes at the International Workshop of Indian Art, Bhopal as well as in the Center for World Music, San aDiego, USA and in cities like Paris and Biaritz of France.